Customer First Mindset
- Putting the needs of service partners or customer first.
- Ensuring others’ needs are appropriately met.
- Going out of one’s way (to the point of being inconvenienced) to ensure satisfaction.
- Demonstrating enthusiasm and a “can do” attitude.
- Taking setbacks in stride.
- Striving to be as knowledgeable as possible about job related issues in order to provide quality service.
- Knowing who to contact (and being willing to contact them) if lacking knowledge, in order to get necessary information.
- Taking the initiative in establishing rapport.
- Demonstrating a personal interest in others by making eye contact, smiling, calling them by name, etc.
- Striving to make the customer or service partner feel comfortable.
- Resolving or avoiding problems by suggesting alternatives and/or bending the rules when appropriate.
- Striving to understand the customer’s preferences and expectations.
- Taking into account the customer’s situation when providing information or solution.
- Showing common courtesy to every one, regardless of appearance or other personal characteristics.
- Avoiding embarrassing others and respecting their need for time and personal space.
- Taking time to do the job right.
- Demonstrating dependability.
- Doing what is best than what is easiest.